Pistol Mounted Optics Course Aug 15th
Our Pistol Mounted Optic course is designed to implement the use of a reflexive sight on a pistol. Students will develop the skills necessary to use a pistol mounted optic both two handed and with strong and support hand only. Students will also develop the skills necessary to negotiate obstacles and shoot on the move with the pistol mounted optic. Throughout this course students will record shooting data to compare their performance with backup iron sights as well as the pistol mounted optic. This course will also cover equipment, policy considerations, and guidelines for establishing a training curriculum.
- Review the types of Pistol Mounted Optics and their mounting options
- Training Considerations
- Policy Considerations
- How to properly Zero
- Equipment Inspection and Maintenance
- Advantages and Limitations of a Pistol Mounted Optic
- Application of Marksmanship Fundamentals
- Holdover/Offset Understanding and Drills
- Down Optic Drills
- Alternate Shooting Positions
- Using a Pistol Mounted Optic Around Barricades
- Single Hand Shooting
- Multiple Shot Considerations
- Single Hand Manipulation with a Pistol Mounted Optic
- Shooting on the Move
- Multiple Target Engagement Considerations and Techniques
- Serviceable Handgun with Pistol Mounted Optic
- Tactical Gear or Concealed Carry Rig (Must demonstrate safe operation) to include Pistol/Holster- NO SERPA HOLSTERS unless mandated by unit or agency.
- 3 Magazines
- Ability to carry at least 2 mags
- Body Armor (Optional)
- Eye/Ear Protection
- Close Toe Shoes, Hat, Long Pants
- Weather Appropriate Gear (Seasonal)
- Weapons cleaning equipment
- 500 rounds of new pistol ammunition
- AMMO/RENTALS AVAILABLE- Contact us for details!
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE! STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR WEAPON, SAFETY, AND FIREARM FUNDAMENTALS. STUDENTS SHOULD BE CAPABLE OF GETTING IN TO AND OUT OF THE KNEELING, SITTING AND PRONE POSITIONS NUMEROUS TIMES EACH DAY. KNEE/ELBOW PADS ARE RECOMMENDED.